Friday 12 April 2019

Moya Brennan at Arc

Moya Brennan
Arc, Stockton-on-Tees
4.4.2019
Arc once again demonstrated its admirable range of musical events with this remarkable evening of excellent musicianship and deep, deep songs.

Moya Brennan, 'the voice of Clannad', performed two sets of eclectic music, drawing on a wealth of material from both her Clannad and solo work.

.

The sound was absolutely authentic Celtic. This is the first time I've ever seen and heard two harps together and they produced a genuinely otherworldly sound, drawing the listener in to a plethora of other places, usually tinged with a sensation of loss.

The songs from her 2017 album, Canvas, connected with me the most. So much so that I added the CD to my collection immediately after the show.


I am a Moya Brennan novice and this show was my first exposure to her music. There's a lot to explore and I am eager to learn.

Find out more about Moya Brennan over at her official website.

No comments: