Sunday 17 November 2019

Project 30: First Round Update

The two main Project 30 tournaments are progressing very nicely and there have already been a lot of exciting and highly competitive games.

Here is an update on the scores so far.

Round 1 KO Pairings and Results

Matt Jackman  draw Peter Harker
(Matt won the 5-minute play-off, 2-0)

Paul Weightman 0-1 John Garnett

Graham Edwards 0-1 Kevin Waterman


Richard Harris draw Mike Creaney
(Richard won the replay)

Sean Cassidy v Rayelynn Posadas

David Baillie draw Sean Marsh 
(The Rapidplay play-off was drawn too; I won the 10-minute play-off game)

Mike Pointon 0-1(d) Royce Parker


Round 1 Rapidplay Pairings and Results

David Baillie v Matt Jackman

Paul Weightman v Richard Harris

Graham Edwards 0.5-1.5 Mike Pointon

Mike Creaney 1-1 Sean Cassidy 
(Sean won the Blitz play-off, 1.5-0.5)

John Garnett 1-1 Sean Marsh
(I won the Blitz play-off, 1.5-0.5)

Rayelynn Posadas v Royce Parker

Peter Harker v Kevin Waterman

The games in both sections need to be played by the 31 November 2019

I enjoyed my games but my path to the respective second rounds was far from plain sailing. John won the first Rapidplay game against me when my sacrifice didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. John should have won the first Blitz game too.

David found a brilliant move to save our KO game. The two play-off games could easily have gone either way too, especially the 10-minute game, which was absolutely wild and completely unclear from start to finish.

I will post some of the key positions here soon.

No comments: