Wednesday 7 November 2018

Caro Emerald at York Barbican

Caro Emerald
York Barbican
3.11.2018
'Sweep me off my feet and show me something different...' sang 'The Shocking Miss Emerald,' the twist being, of course, that she was doing exactly that to the rest of us at the York Barbican.


A blustery autumn evening was transformed to a sunshine world of jazz, pop and swing; of escaping the concrete jungle for a moonlight rendezvous on the beach; crazy nights of the Riviera life.

Backed by a fabulous seven-piece band, Caro had the entire, sold-out audience in the palm of her hand, with a perfectly crafted set list guaranteed to have everyone up singing and dancing for the final third of the show.

.

The finale summed it up:

'Have you ever dreamed a night like this?
I cannot believe it
I may never see a night like this...'


Well, I certainly hope there will be another night like this, which was easily one of the best gigs of the year. Pure entertainment from start to finish!

.
Find out more about Caro Emerald over at her official website - and catch her on tour, of you can.

Meanwhile, here is a gallery of images from the excellent evening.



.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.



No comments: